Value of Colleague Connections & Collaboration

Throughout my learning journey in the UNBC B.Ed program, I have had the opportunity of creating connections and relationships with my future teaching colleagues. I have discovered that creating these peer relationships is a valuable element to my teaching practice. Throughout the program, I have been fortunate to share teaching resources with other Teacher Candidate’s in the program. Working collaboratively has taught me that sharing these resources can increase our broad knowledge base of the curriculum and provide diverse perspectives. Including these diverse perspectives has provided me with deeper insight on how to differentiate my instruction, which will benefit students learning. I’m very grateful for these connections I’ve gained throughout the program which have helped us experience giving back to the profession!

At the start of Block 5 (our final semester of the B.Ed program), our cohort welcomed the first year B.Ed students to the program. It was a rewarding experience to give back to the future teachers and share some of the resources and knowledge we have gained throughout our learning journey. I’m very grateful to be apart of a community that values connection and reciprocity at the core of it’s learning journey. I hope to continue this work of collaborating and connecting with colleagues throughout my teaching career to continue giving back to the profession!

Networking is not about just connecting people. It’s about connecting people. It’s about connecting people with people, people with ideas, and people with opportunities.

Michele Jennae